More detailed article to follow
Noel Park was built as a “Suburban Workman’s Colony” between 1881 and 1929 by the Artizans, Labourers & General Dwellings Company with an initial phase designed by Rowland Plumbe (1838-1919). Construction was halted in 1887 with only half of the estate completed due to financial difficulties caused by the slow uptake of homes because the Great Eastern Railway refused to offer third-class fares from Wood Green Station into central London.
In 1905 revised plans were drawn up by the Company Surveyor, G.J. Earle, to complete the estate in a modified Arts & Crafts style. The estate suffered bomb damage and losses to the development of Wood Green but there are still some 2,200 homes. The estate was bought by the London Borough of Haringey in 1966 and designated as a conservation area in 1982.